- 90% more effective than old-style duct foggers.
- Full 360° coverage.
- Anodized aircraft aluminum canister.
- 20’ hose is fiber reinforced nylon with polyurethane coating, the perfect combination of rigidity/flexibility to glide through ducting, around corners without curling or binding.
- Beautiful custom molded, high-density polyethylene case included.
- Duct sanitization is the most profitable add-on service in the industry.
Is it worth it to get your air ducts sanitized?
When I get my ducts cleaned I am always asked if I want to have them sanitized. Is that really beneficial?
Great question. The answer is no and yes.
No. There is little benefit to sanitizing a duct system the way that most companies perform this service or the solution that is used to do so. Most companies spray a scented solution, maybe one that is or is not a disinfectant. If the proper principals of sanitizing are not followed, little benefit is obtained. This is why many companies include this service at no charge. You got what you paid for.
Yes. This service when done properly has great benefit. Your duct system is “The air you breath system”. That system is dark, dusty, sometimes humid and during some seasons not active. All these factors are prime for growth of mold and bacteria.
Factors for effective application of a sanitizing agent are:
1. Applied to a clean surface. (After proper cleaning)
2. Registered, effective sanitizing solution at appropriate dilutions and method.
3. Dwelling time according to solution used. (5 – 20 minutes)
Without these principles being applied, it is not worth paying for this service.
If a duct cleaner includes this in their cleaning package then they are most likely simply spraying a deodorizer or sanitizing agent in the vents. You are getting what you paid for, a false sense of clean.
The company should apply at least a 15 step process to ensure an effective application of a quality sanitizing agent. The sanitizing agent needs to be fogged into your entire system and allowed time to dwell. Sanitizing Air Duct Services, can help with this.
As your mother and mine taught “Anything worth doing is worth doing right” otherwise save your money.